uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA help
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 04:07:21 GMT

Sharma, Kishor wrote:
> Hi Dear,
>
> I am working on an application RESUME PARSER. For that I am using Apache
> UIMA. I am not getting tutorial how to make a feedback loop and how to
> do collection processing in UIMA.
> Can you please give me some links or can elaborate how should I go
> about it?

Some links to visit would the the UIMA documentation in the tutorial and
users guides.  This is available on the web at:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html

There is a section (chapter 2) on collection processing, and a section
(chapter 4) on writing custom flow controllers (you could write one to
"loop" - if that is what you mean when you say "feedback loop").
Collection processing is scalable using the newly release UIMA-AS
(Asynchronous Scaleout) add-on component, as well - see
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/doc-uimaas-what.html to get started
with this; more details on UIMA-AS are in a separate documentation file
that comes as part of its download.