uima-user mailing list archives

From Niels Ott <n...@sfs.uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject Re: UIMA DB competibility..
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:55:49 GMT
Anuj,

Anuj Kumar Gupta schrieb:
> Hello user-
>
> Can we use MS SQL and Oracle Database with UIMA ?
> Can we Extract any Information from DB and also can insert extracted data in
> to DB?

A natural place to do this in UIMA would be in a CAS Consumer. This is a
module that reads the annotation produced by other analysis engines.
Such a CAS Consumer could for example feed the then structured
information into a database.

Compatibility is not a question of UIMA. Any database can be used which
can be accessed using the Java programming language. I'm inclined to
suggest to make yourself familiar with accessing databases from Java
programs. However, this is a topic that is rather off-topic on the UIMA
mailing list.

Best,

    Niels

--