uima-user mailing list archives

From Eric Riebling <e...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Cannot upload .pear to UIMA repository (WAS: Re: UIMA repsotory)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:50:06 GMT
It appears as though there may be a missing type system descriptor.  I checked
the logs of the UCR as well as using the submitted PEAR file with the UIMA
PearInstaller, and got messages:

Verification of NeUshi failed =>
 org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Import failed.  Could not read
from URL file:/C:/Documents and Settings/er1k/Desktop/uima_appframework/componentdesc/AbsNeTypeSystemDescriptor.xml.
(Descriptor: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/er1k/Desktop/NeUshi/desc/MeCab-SenTypeSystemDescriptor.xml)

So the specific issue appears to me as a missing file:
"desc/AbsNeTypeSystemDescriptor.xml"

Sorry the UCR is not better at reporting the specifics of the error when it
validates using PearInstaller, or you would be able to see this message
sooner.  It is recommended to make sure submitted PEARS validate by using
PearInstaller before submitting them to UCR.

Hope this helps!

-eric

Saito, ISAO Isaac wrote:
> # I update the subject
>
> I have a similar phonomena with the one reported in the old thread.
> After I submit the .pear at "Publish a Component" page, component
> verification begins but
> red text saying "An error occurred publishing the component" comes up.
>
> Does anybody have an idea?
> # I'm using Google Code to publish codes and any other infos, but I'd
> just like to contribute to UIMA community...
>
> My .pear is here:
> http://ne-ushi.googlecode.com/files/neUshi.pear
>
> Environment:
> Mac OS X 10.5
> Eclipse 3.4.1
> JRE 1.5
> UIMA SDK 2.2.2
> Firefox 3.0.5 / Safari 3.2.1
>
> Regards,
> Isao
> - ---   - ---   - ---   - ---
> (Mr.) Saito, Isao Isaac
> Student at Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
> University of Texas at Arlington
> Autonomous Vehicles Laboratory (AVL)
> - ---   - ---   - ---   - ---
>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:22 AM,  <omasutani@d-itlab.co.jp> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thank you for your advise.
>>
>> When I used PearInstaller an error with yours came.
>> But I found the result folder structure seemed to be correct.
>> I thought the JTextAnnotator_ImplBase:initialize() method isn't called when the TAE
is installed.
>> Without this environment check code in initialize(), the PearInstaller process successed.
>>
>> But I haven't succeeded to upload my PEAR without env checkcode to UCR yet.
>> The site shows no response (same with PEAR w/env checkcode).
>> I'll send you PEAR w/o env checkcode soon.
>>
>> And I wonder why description on setenv.txt doesn't work during PEAR install.
>> If setting of environmental variables in setenv.txt is done after AE checking process
(that calls AE:initialize()), I shouldn't use environmental variables in initialize(). Instead
of initialize() should I use other overridden method ?

>> And is it possible to detect the context TAE init is called by whether PEAR installing
or not?

>> ------------------------------
>> (株)デンソーアイティーラボラトリ
>>  増谷 修 (Osamu MASUTANI)
>>  E-mail: omasutani@d-itlab.co.jp
>> ------------------------------

class "jp.co.ditlab.scn.common.uima.SenAnnotator" failed.  (Descriptor: file:/C:/Program Files/apache-uima/UIMASenWrapper/desc/aeDescriptor.xml)
> [...]
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>> Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
>>        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:111)
>>        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:251)
>>        ... 14 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.annotator.AnnotatorInitializationException
>>        at jp.co.ditlab.scn.common.uima.SenAnnotator.initialize(SenAnnotator.java:45)
>>        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:109)
>>        ... 15 more
>>

>> RedHat Linux/ Java 1.5
>>
>> STANDARD OUTPUT CONTAINS: nothing
>>
>> PEAR INSTALLER WINDOW CONTAINS:
>>
>> Verification of UIMASenWrapper failed =>
>>  java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>>        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>>        at org.apache.uima.internal.util.UIMAClassLoader.loadClass(UIMAClassLoader.java:147)
>>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>>        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:202)
>>        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:157)
>>        at org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
>>        at org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
>>        at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:258)
>>        at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:303)
>>        at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:383)
>>        at org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.testAnalysisEngine(InstallationTester.java:219)
>>        at org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationTester.doTest(InstallationTester.java:114)
>>        at org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyComponentInstallation(InstallationController.java:1110)
>>        at org.apache.uima.pear.tools.InstallationController.verifyComponent(InstallationController.java:1993)
>>        at org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.installPear(InstallPear.java:388)
>>        at org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear.access$000(InstallPear.java:79)
>>        at org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear$RunInstallation.run(InstallPear.java:108)

Eric Riebling  NSH 4623,  LTI,   SCS,  CMU
412.268.9872   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~er1k