uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Wendt <matthias.we...@neofonie.de>
Subject Re: Getting parent annotation
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:52:17 GMT
Anuj Kumar Gupta schrieb:
> Hi All-
>
> Can we do coreferencing in UIMA? if yes then HOW? any Example Annotator ???

There are diverse approaches to this that you might consider. One
solution might be to introduce an int feature, call it 'corefSetID',
where all coreferent annotations in a document get the sime ID. You
might as well try to link to the closest previous coreferent annotation
in a feature 'antecedent' of type Annotation. Or take advantage of the
FSList
<http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/api/org/apache/uima/jcas/cas/FSList.html>

API to link the coreference chain of the previous coreferent annotation
in the tail of the current annotation's 'coreferenceChain' feature.
> How can we integrate GATE with UIMA ?

The section on "Combining GATE and UIMA"
<http://gate.ac.uk/sale/tao/index.html#x1-42200016> in the GATE handbook
might be of interest for you.

Matthias

--