uima-user mailing list archives

From Niels Ott <n...@sfs.uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject Re: UIMA demo
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:07:49 GMT
Vladimir,

Vladimir Rykov schrieb:
>   Can anyone help me with UIMA demo to show its basic properties to my
> students?

UIMA is meant to be a framework for all kinds of content analysis. So
either you could go the shallow way and show some nice charts showing
the overall architecture, or you can go deeper and discuss how to
implement your own analysis components.

I think some of the basic exercises/things to show are number and date
annotators.

Be aware that UIMA is not like a program you download and run and then
play with it in class. So everything pretty much depends on how much
time you can spend on it and how much knowledge about Java, frameworks,
and NLP your students already have.

Best,

    Niels

--