uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Getting parent annotation
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:13:58 GMT
Roberto Franchini wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Roberto,
>>
>> here's an alternative to your solution.  It's a bit
>> shorter, and I find it easier to understand ;-)
>> It's untested, but you get the idea.
>>
>> --Thilo
>
> Seems good. I wiil test it and maybe compare performance.
> The constranit api isn't very friendly, but it seems very powerful. I
> began with simple constraints, this my first time with something more
> complex.
> Roberto

Yes, the constraint API is awkward to use.  It was really only
supposed to be the back-end for a string based interface, i.e.,
constraints you would just write like this:

(x.begin <= y.begin) & (x.end >= y.end)

I had implemented this at some time, but I'd used some compiler
library with the wrong kind of license, so we had to remove it.
I forget the details...

I'm currently toying with the idea of doing something like this
in Groovy, shouldn't be too hard.  I just have to find the time ;-)

--Thilo