uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA related Issues
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:36:18 GMT
Hi Anuj -

The images in the email do not survive the internal processing done by
the email hosting system here.

I did manage to see the original images, but others cannot.  It would be
good if you can in the future copy and paste the message texts from the
images, and just include the text, so others can read it.

The problem appears to be that you are running some software examples
for UIMA that go with a much older version of UIMA (one that existed
before UIMA became an open source project at Apache).

The error message says the file in the location:
C:\Program
Files\apache-uima\docs\examples\descriptors\tutorial\ex3\TutorialDateTime.xml
has a line in it that contains:

"com.ibm.uima.java"

This file in the current download of UIMA from Apache (release 2.2.2)
doesn't have that. So, it appears that you obtained a version of UIMA
that is corrupt.  Please delete that version and download it again.

-Marshall