uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CPE to AS Transition ... Porting processingUnitThreadCount
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:48:01 GMT
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Charles Proefrock <chas.pro@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Our first attempt at error detection in our AS implementation results in a null CAS passed
into the entityProcessComplete() call.

One might wonder why the CAS would ever be null for the method
entityProcessComplete(CAS aCas, EntityProcessStatus aStatus). During
initial development, the UIMA AS client released outgoing CASes after
sendCAS, and therefore a CAS was only available when received back
from the service. However, on error services do not return a CAS.
Later the client was changed to cache outgoing CASes.

Given the cache, the original outgoing CAS should be returned to the
handler on errors. See UIMA-1217.

Thanks for alerting us of this problem,
Eddie