uima-user mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cwik...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: CPE to AS Transition ... Porting processingUnitThreadCount
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:28:26 GMT

Eddie, I agree that this needs to be patched in the 2.2.2 code. Instead of
passing null for a CAS while
handling an exception we can extract the CAS from the cache and pass it
along to the listener's
entityProcessComplete() in the first arg. There is really no need for the
client code to maintain
the Map to manage CASes via CAS Ids.

I will fix the code early next week.

Jerry Cwiklik
 UIMA Extensions
 IBM T.J.  Watson Research Center
 Hawtorne, NY, 10532
 Tel: 914-784-7665,  T/L: 863-7665
 Email: cwiklik@us.ibm.com

             "Eddie Epstein"
             <eaepstein@gmail.
             com>,                                                      To
                                       uima-user@incubator.apache.org
             10/28/2008 05:48                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: CPE to AS Transition ...
             Please respond to         Porting processingUnitThreadCount
             uima-user@incubat
               or.apache.org

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Charles Proefrock <chas.pro@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Our first attempt at error detection in our AS implementation results in
a null CAS passed into the entityProcessComplete() call.

One might wonder why the CAS would ever be null for the method
entityProcessComplete(CAS aCas, EntityProcessStatus aStatus). During
initial development, the UIMA AS client released outgoing CASes after
sendCAS, and therefore a CAS was only available when received back
from the service. However, on error services do not return a CAS.
Later the client was changed to cache outgoing CASes.

Given the cache, the original outgoing CAS should be returned to the
handler on errors. See UIMA-1217.

Thanks for alerting us of this problem,
Eddie