uima-user mailing list archives

From Baptiste Gaillard <b_gaill...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work on the right Sofa
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:21:23 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently using the SVN version: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/trunk

I've updated my sources yesterday, but the bug seams still here.

Thanks,

Baptiste.

> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:01:37 -0400
> From: msa@schor.com
> To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work 	on the
right Sofa

> Hi -
>
> The jira for this says it's fixed in the 2.3 version, which has not yet
> been released.
>
> Can you describe what version of UIMA you were testing with?
>
> -Marshall
>

> Baptiste Gaillard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As Aaron said in his previous message the problem should have been fixed :
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1107
>>
>> But I tested again my aggregate,  Aaron too.
>> We found that the BUG appears again now.
>>
>> Because I absolutely need to fix this BUG I tried to debug a very simple workflow
which integrate an aggregate.

>> I am in the same situation , I integrate 2 annotators in an aggregate, the first
creates a new Sofa and the second works on this created Sofa.

>> I found that when the two annotators of my aggregate are declared using the '_pear.xml'
descriptor, in the second annotator the CAS has a 'mSofaMappings' (in fact JCasImpl.casImpl.svd.componentInfo.mSofaMappings)
member empty (but it should not !).

>> componentInfo is of type RootUimaContext_Impl
>>
>> When the second annotator is declared with the component descriptor (not the '_pear.xml'
one) the 'mSofaMappings' contains {_InitialView=MY_PRODUCED_SOFA}, so it seams right in this
case.