uima-user mailing list archives

From Baptiste.GAILL...@fr.thalesgroup.com
Subject Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work on the right Sofa
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:42:07 GMT
Hi,

I have to integrate 2 annotators in an aggregate, the first creates a new
Sofa and the second work on this created Sofa.

My problem is that when I use the Annotators descriptors in the imports
everything works, but when I specify the '_pear.xml' descriptors the second
annotator continue to work on the 'DEFAULT' Sofa.

For example with this descriptor my second annotator (InfomagicXipFrench)
annotates the Sofa 'txt' :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">

  <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>

  <primitive>false</primitive>

  <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>

    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="XmlStripAnnotator">

      <import
location="../../XmlStripAnnotator/XmlStripAnnotator_pear.xml"/>

    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="InfomagicXipFrench">

      <import
location="../../InfomagicXipFrench/desc/InfomagicXipFrench.xml"/>

    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

  </delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>

  <analysisEngineMetaData>

    <name>AggregateXeroxIGM</name>

    <description/>

    <version>1.0</version>

    <vendor/>

    <configurationParameters searchStrategy="language_fallback"/>

    <configurationParameterSettings/>

    <flowConstraints>

      <fixedFlow>

        <node>XmlStripAnnotator</node>

        <node>InfomagicXipFrench</node>

      </fixedFlow>

    </flowConstraints>

    <typePriorities/>

    <fsIndexCollection/>

    <capabilities>

      <capability>

        <inputs/>

        <outputs/>

        <outputSofas>

          <sofaName>txt</sofaName>

        </outputSofas>

        <languagesSupported/>

      </capability>

    </capabilities>

    <operationalProperties>

      <modifiesCas>true</modifiesCas>

      <multipleDeploymentAllowed>false</multipleDeploymentAllowed>

      <outputsNewCASes>false</outputsNewCASes>

    </operationalProperties>

  </analysisEngineMetaData>

  <resourceManagerConfiguration/>

  <sofaMappings>

            <sofaMapping>

      <componentKey>XmlStripAnnotator</componentKey>

      <componentSofaName>txt</componentSofaName>

      <aggregateSofaName>txt</aggregateSofaName>

    </sofaMapping>

    <sofaMapping>

      <componentKey>InfomagicXipFrench</componentKey>

      <aggregateSofaName>txt</aggregateSofaName>

    </sofaMapping>

  </sofaMappings>

</analysisEngineDescription>

But when I use this import :

<delegateAnalysisEngine key="InfomagicXipFrench">

      <import
location="../../InfomagicXipFrench/InfomagicXipFrench_pear.xml"/>

    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

Instead of

<delegateAnalysisEngine key="InfomagicXipFrench">

      <import
location="../../InfomagicXipFrench/desc/InfomagicXipFrench.xml"/>

    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

The annotator works only on the 'DEFAULT' Sofa.

This is very problematic because UIMA does not built the correct CLASSPATH
when I use the import based on
"../../InfomagicXipFrench/desc/InfomagicXipFrench.xml". As I have to
integrate other annotators (with a lot of JAR dependencies) I must use the
'_pear.xml' descriptor.

Do you know how can I force my annotators to use the right Sofa using
'_pear.xml' imports in my aggregate ?

Thanks,

Baptiste GAILLARD.