uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [UIMA] How to remove a feature structure from a CAS
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:14:36 GMT
Manuel Fiorelli wrote:
> Thanks again,
> if I understand well, the best we can do is to prevent the feature structure
> from being saved. I think I cannot use this strategy since it can leak
> memory (until one saves and reload).

True.  If you have a potentially long-running interactive
application, you need to consider that issue.  What you
can do is once in a while copy your current content into
a clean CAS, using the CasCopier.  Kinda clumsy...

> A little question again, after I create a FS, is it added to the default
> unnamed bag index? (or I have to add it manually)

You have to call addToIndexes().  After that, it's both
on the annotation and the default bag index.