uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: annotation comparator
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:26:01 GMT
The problem with generic CAS comparison is the potential complexity of the
object model represented in a CAS. Instead of a single general purpose
method, another approach is application (or object model) specific
formatting code that would create output specifically designed for
comparison.

If the object model to be compared is limited to annotations, just dumping
all annotations, each as a single line without covered text, in index order
would be useful as input to a standard diff program. Further sorting by
annotation type before the diff might help make the differences more
understandable in some situations.

If you are interested, there are some annotation pretty print options in
UIMA that could help here.

Eddie