uima-user mailing list archives

From Charles Proefrock <chas....@hotmail.com>
Subject CPE to AS Transition ... Porting processingUnitThreadCount
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:17:10 GMT
We've previously run our CPE with a single CollectionReader and 2 processing units talking
to two remote Vinci services.  All of the stages are relatively quick except for the remotes,
so running multiple threads in the same jvm on the same processor is sufficient for the CPE
host and in theory we would want to increase the processingUnitThreadCount to X over time.
As we transition to the AS architecture, it is clear that the main CPE sequence is declared
as an aggregate, and that an instance of the aggregate is deployed (in the examples, via the
-d flag of runRemoteAsyncAE).  There are also numInstance elements that can be declared in
the deploy descriptor, but they are qualified as only working for primitives and/or synchronous
AEs ??

Simply ... if we want to have a single CollectionReader that services X pipelines, returning
all CASes to the same Listener ...  what is the deployment approach?

Thanks,

Charles