uima-user mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.sha...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Multi-threaded CAS Consumer
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:58:45 GMT

Thanks Burn,

Yes, the default was true for multipleDeploymentAllowed. Thanks for your response.
Now I am able to run CPE successfully. Thanks a lot.
Wait a minute, You have said that we can run multiple CAS Consumers but need serialization
to access the shared output.
Could you please tell me, how can I achieve this. Do you suggest some reading for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashu

> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:40:01 -0400
> From: burnlewis@gmail.com
> To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Multi-threaded CAS Consumer
>
> Does your CAS Consumer have the default of false for
> multipleDeploymentAllowed?  Usually only the annotator pipeline is run in
> multiple threads ... the CPE runs a single-threaded Collection Reader that
> feeds the multiple replicated pipelines which all feed into a
> single-threaded CAS Consumer.  I think you can run multiple CAS Consumers
> but then you are resposible for serializing access to your shared output
> resources.
>
> Perhaps you could post the full trace of your exception.
>
> Burn.
>
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.sharma@hotmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to run CPE in multithreaded environment. For this purpose, I
> > changed the value of the variable named processingUnitThreadCount=3 in CPE
> > Descriptor file. When I run the CPE, it gave me a Java null pointer
> > exception in my CAS Consumer. Where I initialize all basics open connection
> > and initialize the command to insert the data.
> > Please help me to overcome this issue. How can I achieve the running CPE in
> > multithreaded mode.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Ashu

> > Movies, sports & news! Get your daily entertainment fix, only on live.com
> > http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL

Want to explore the world? Visit MSN Travel for the best deals.
http://in.msn.com/coxandkings