uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Automatic Generation of class files (JCasGen) from Maven
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:21:31 GMT
I don't know of a Maven plugin for this, but it sounds like a good idea.

There is a Maven plugin for doing pear packaging in the sandbox, which
might serve as a guide if you were considering doing a plugin.

One thing to note: there are 2 versions of JCasGen - the normal one
requires Eclipse to be present because it runs as an Eclipse
application, in order to pick up the EMF "code merging" capability.
There is a way to run without this - in which case no merging is done.
See
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tools/tools.html#ugr.tools.jcasgen.running_without_eclipse

-Marshall