uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Updated UIMA runtime plugin for eclipse
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:14:15 GMT
Hi -

The memory fixes are

UIMA-1067: Remove char heap/ref heap in StringHeap of the CAS
UIMA-1068: Use of the JCas cache should be configurable

To use these you have to update the jar for the plugin.  You can use the
"jar" command which comes with Java to do this.  Here are the steps:

1) get the hot fix
2) unzip it (it's a zip file).  If you unzipped the hot fix into
directory DDD, there should be a folder in DDD called "org"
3) update the original plugin, using the command

jar -uvf path-to-org.apache.uima.runtime_2.2.2.incubating.jar -C
path-to-dir-where-you-unzipped  org

Of course, change the "path-to-...." to be the paths described.

This command will update the jar file using the files from the hot fix.

Hope that helps.  -Marshall