uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAS Editor questions
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:57:47 GMT
> I spent some time today trying out the CAS Editor and came away with
> a few questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to open CAS Editor within Eclipse?  It seems like
> this should be easy to do - but I don't understand how this is done.

No, that is not really possible currently, but there are already plans
to fix this. The editing part of the Cas Editor will be moved to its
own plugin
and can then be used together with an uima dev plugin directly within
eclipse. I hope we have this ready for the next uima release.

> 2) How can I set the classpath so that I can e.g. load a type system
> that imports by name other types?  It would be nice if I could add
> the classpath given to a java project.

This is not possible in the Cas Editor right now. The Cas Editor
assumes that all types are specified in only one type system xml file.

Jörn