uima-user mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Bawakid" <a.bawa...@gmail.com>
Subject Gate Lookup annotations + Coreferencing
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 00:23:54 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Apache UIMA and have been using Gate for the past two months for
few tasks. Now, that I started exploring the Apache UIMA, I am wondering
whether there is already an Analysis Engine (or annotator if using the GATE
terminology) or a tool that does the coreferencing between Named Entities
(i.e. same person appearing in several sentences).

Also, there is an annotation type called "lookups" that comes with Gate's
ANNIE. It gives various details about words in the form of majorType and
minorType. My interest is in particular for linguistic quantifiers (words
such as "more", "least",etc.). When using ANNIE, the lookup annotator
annotates these words and assign the majortype feature to "quantifier" and
minortype to "increase" and "decrease". Is there an available annotator that
does this ?

If not, what does the Apache UIMA community suggest for handling the
abovementioned issues ? or should I simply stick to Gate ?

Thanks
Abdul