uima-user mailing list archives

From Katrin Tomanek <katrin.toma...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: annotation comparator
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:30:59 GMT
Hi,

> Hm, not exactly this, but something similar.  We have various forms
> of a technology that will compare annotations in various CASes.  This
> is useful if, for example, you run some analysis and save the results.
> Then you modify you analysis and want to see what difference this made
> when run on your sample text.  Not sure this is what you want.

Well, this is certainly a similar scenario. Although I would probably
compare against a gold standard, from a technical perspective the same
tools can do the job, of course.

> The basic comparison is fairly simple (if the type system is constant),
> displaying the differences in a meaningful way is the real challenge.
> We're accepting contributions to the CVD :-)

Do you think the CVD is the right place for this?

And shouldn't the differences be kept as new annotation types so the
viewers don't need to be changed?

Katrin