uima-user mailing list archives

From Katrin Tomanek <katrin.toma...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: annotation comparator
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:28:17 GMT
Yoshinobu KANO wrote:
> We have developed a comparison tool which seems related to what you are
> looking for.
> Our tool compares annotations inside a CAS, and visualizes results.
> However, generally speaking, it is always the problem which annotations
> could/should be compared.
> Could you explain your purpose in a bit more detailed?

Well, in a simple scenario, say NER, we just want to compare the entity
mentions found by different components (either different analysis
components, or e.g. a gold standard). Features of the annotation types
should also be considered during comparison. I thought that such a
comparator would make new annotations to the CAS for TP/FP/... so that
from such annotations overall scores (R/P/F) can be calculated.

Katrin