uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Web Site Design -- Call for Feedback
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:38:57 GMT
Crystal Glasgow wrote:
> *Hello UIMA community!*
>
> My colleague and I have volunteered to work on improving the design of the
> UIMA web site (and potentially the wiki).
> He is a User Experience Engineer and I'm a Graphic Designer. Together, we
> hope to design an enjoyable, informative,
> and memorable experience for the UIMA community.
>
> We've had some initial discussions with Marshall Schor to get started, and
> have come up so far with two potential
> design directions. Those are posted on the uima wiki at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/web-site-design-call-for-feedback.
> html, so that we can gather everyone's feedback, and make it even better.
>
> So please have a look! And tell us what you think, what you'd like to see,
> what you'd like removed, why, and anything
> else you want to add or change. We want to help to grow the Apache UIMA
> community by creating a great user experience.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Crystal and Roger

Hi Crystal,

my favorite is also option 1 but in general I prefer navigation bars on the left not on the
top of
the page. Not sure what others think about. I like to get an overview about the available
topics
quickly similar to what we have currently.

A more general question for me is how do we build the new website? Will there be a build process
or
do we use a special framework for that?

-- Michael