uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Mühlhausen <Matthias.Muehlhau...@uni-jena.de>
Subject setting of an Object as a configuration parameter
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:33:01 GMT
Hello,

I have a question concerning the setting of an Object as a configuration
parameter for an AnalysisEngine:

We are processing a corpus with several threads of the same UIMA
pipeline. There is a very large Java object or "resource" that is used
by an AnalysisEngine of this pipeline. it's a Dictionary object that
needs between 4 and 12GB memory. We would like to create only one object
and use this in all pipelines, because of the memory footprint. I
thought it could be possible to create it once and then set it as a
configuration parameter for all the components. This does not work,
because an AnalysisEngine does not accept to set an Object as a
configuration parameter.
So I thought about two solutions yet:

1. we use this component not as a AnalysisEngine but as a POJO and set
the Object by a simple setter.

2. using JNDI and resolve the object by a name - but I have no
experience with JNDI, so I would like to have somebody's opinion about
this approach.

regards
Matthias

--
Matthias Mühlhausen
Jena University Language and Information Engineering (JULIE) Lab