uima-user mailing list archives

From "J. William Murdock" <b...@murdocks.org>
Subject Re: ConceptMapper: Dictionary application to certain parts of a document
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:45:43 GMT
Here is a solution that may be a bit inefficient, but fits well into the
framework.  Produce an aggregate with three elements:

1) An annotator that takes the text you want to analyze (e.g.,
abstractAnnotation.getCoveredText()) and copies it into a new sofa.

2) ConceptMapper; your main aggregate should specify a sofa mapping to
make it run on the sofa that the first annotator created.

3) An annotator that copies all of the annotations from the sofa that
the first annotator created to the default sofa.  When copying, the
annotations, it adds the begin offset of the text that was analyzed
(e.g., abstractAnnotation.getBegin()).

--
Bill Murdock, PhD
UIMA User (but not a UIMA developer or official spokesperson)