uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Questions about using a "customResourceSpecifier"
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:55:24 GMT
Hi Christoph,

I think you mixed up two different concepts here, maybe the documentation is misleading.

So CustomResourceSpecifiers are mainly intended to be used if you want to create your own
new UIMA
Resource in the sense of a UIMA component. So for example you may know that we have different
UIMA
remote service protocols (SOAP, Vinci). If you now want to create a new service protocol based
on
your own implementation you can implement that using the CustomResourceSpecifier approach.
When
integrating this resource/component the UIMA framework can treat this similar to an analysis
engine.
Such resource an for example be plugged in as delegate to an aggregate analysis engine.

I don't think that CustomResourceSpecifier can be integrated as externalResource to an analysis
engine. You may check the documentation for externalResoruces with a short example here:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.accessing_external_resource_files
I think that what you are trying to do.

Another example for externalResources is available in the Tagger annotator in the Sandbox.
This
annotator use an external resource for the model file (ModelResource).

Hope that helps.

-- Michael