uima-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Web Site Design -- Call for Feedback
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:03:21 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Crystal Glasgow
<crystal.glasgow@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hello UIMA community!*
>
> My colleague and I have volunteered to work on improving the design of the
> UIMA web site (and potentially the wiki).
> He is a User Experience Engineer and I'm a Graphic Designer. Together, we
> hope to design an enjoyable, informative,
> and memorable experience for the UIMA community.
>
> We've had some initial discussions with Marshall Schor to get started, and
> have come up so far with two potential
> design directions. Those are posted on the uima wiki at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/web-site-design-call-for-feedback.
> html, so that we can gather everyone's feedback, and make it even better.
>
> So please have a look! And tell us what you think, what you'd like to see,
> what you'd like removed, why, and anything
> else you want to add or change. We want to help to grow the Apache UIMA
> community by creating a great user experience.

Hi Crystal,

Like the others, I prefer option 1.  I think it makes it a lot easier
for a user to quickly get a sense of what is available on the site.

A comment on the site map:  I think JIRA should be part of Community,
not Development, because we want to encourage UIMA users to use JIRA
to submit bug reports.

 -Adam