uima-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Bethard" <steven.beth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Diagnosing a Pattern StackOverflowError
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:24:47 GMT

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> *StackOverflowError *is "thrown when a stack overflow occurs because an
>  application recurses too deeply." Maybe the exception catcher is looping.

Well, it's clearly recursing on java.util.regex.Pattern. But I don't
know who is using Pattern or where.

>  Check in uima.log file for the run. If there is none, make sure UIMA_HOME is
>  defined, and if still no log, modify $UIMA_HOME/config/Logger.properties to
>  get more logging; try Fine or Finest.

I don't see any uima.log file generated anywhere. I'm running this
through Eclipse, and I tried setting the UIMA_HOME variable, supplying
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=myfile as a VM argument, and a few
other things, but I've never seen any logging output except that
printed to the console (as I showed in my last email). Is there
something else I have to do in Eclipse to get a log file?

Steve
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy