uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mixing C++ and Java annotators
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:19:03 GMT
The story with Windows release vs debug builds is a bit complicated by the
fact that they use different new/free code. Objects created in debug code
cannot be freed in release code and visa versa.

buildSDK adds both release (uima.dll) and debug (uimaD.dll) versions of the
DLL. The sample VC projects link the appropriate version. When loading the
annotator, the debug version of uimacpp will append 'D' to the
annotatorImplementationName from the uima component descriptor.

By default the JVM will use uima.dll when calling a uimacpp annotator. To
use a debug annotator from Java, specify -DDEBUG_UIMACPP when starting the
JVM.

There are also two versions of the native driver, runAECpp.exe and
runAECppD.exe to match the annotator build, as well as two versions of the
native service wrapper, deployCppService.exe and deployCppServiceD.exe.

Glad to hear things are working for you,
Eddie