uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying feature structures between views
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:44:56 GMT
Hi Aaron,

The low-level methods are used in CasCopier to allow all operations to
proceed from the baseCAS. I agree with the recommendation to avoid using
them to avoid having the code go bad in some future release. For a class
that just copies from one view to another, you should be able to easily
avoid the use of low-level methods.

Note that one of the main features of this method, supporting deep copies
with shared FS (FS that are referenced multiple times) may not be needed in
your case. An FS in the CAS can be referenced from any view.

Regards,
Eddie