uima-user mailing list archives

From Charles Proefrock <chas....@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Shutdown Vinci Server & Child AE
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 03:21:20 GMT
Still no luck finding anything useful on the web to address this question.  The only hits I
get are for a May 2001 paper on Vinci.

Any help would be appreciated (especially regarding VinciServer.shutdown() ... or where to
find the javadocs or source so I can look into it myself ...)

Thanks,

Charles

> From: chas.pro@hotmail.com> To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org> Subject: Shutdown
Vinci Server & Child AE> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:15:19 -0400> > When I run
an example UIMA Vinci Server I can use Ctrl-C to terminate the running process. When I use
Ctrl-C the stdout indicates that VinciServer.shutdown() is called. Two questions:> >
(1) Is there a graceful/programatic way to signal the shutdown of a [remote] Vinci Server?>
(2) When VinciServer.shutdown() is called, does it call a method on the child AE (such as
destroy() ) to gracefully perform cleanup operations? (Similar to the call to destroy() when
Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser!> http://biggestloser.msn.com/
In a rush?  Get real-time answers with Windows Live Messenger.