uima-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Kaplan <Aaron.Kap...@xrce.xerox.com>
Subject Copying feature structures between views
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:34:33 GMT
I have a CAS with two views, and I want to copy certain annotations from
one view to the other, adjusting their offsets in the process.  I looked
at org.apache.uima.util.CasCopier, but it doesn't quite do what I
want--it will only copy from a view in one base CAS to a view with the
same name in another base CAS.  Using the source of CasCopier as a
model, I could easily write my own copying method, but I hesitate to do
so because it uses low-level methods that the javadocs warn are for
internal use only.  Is there a better way to do this?

-Aaron