uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: A DOUBT IN PREPARING PEAR PACKAGE.
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:01:08 GMT
chandra sekhar wrote:
> Respected Sir ,
>
> I developed POS tagger for Hindi Languagge(A laguages speaks by Indians)
> . In developing the Annotator ,I used a Dictionary, (English-Hindi) , I
> stored that Dictionary in C:\Program Files\IBM\uima\examples . The code
> which I used in  my Annotator to Specify this location is :
>        try
>         {
>             rdr1 = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new
> FileInputStream("Latest_Dictionary.txt"), "UTF-8"));
>         }
>         catch(FileNotFoundException fileNotFoundException)
>         {
>             System.err.println(" input error");
>              System.exit(1);
>         }
>
> When I am developing PEAR package for that , I can able to create a pear
> package and Install it . but when I try to run it ,using Pear Installer
> which is in bin folder, I am getting an error which says : " input
> error" . means the code in PEAR package is unable to find the
> dictionary.so please help me in this regard. I followed the lectures
> from  http://uima.lti.cs.cmu.edu:8080/UCR/Welcome.do.
>
> sir ,please help me in this regard.  I am attaching my PEAR package also.
>
> sincerely sekhar.

Sekhar,

you must make sure that your code that loads the dictionary is
portable.  The way to do this in UIMA is described here:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.1-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.accessing_external_resource_files
(section 1.5.4 of the developer's guide).

You can also look at the Tagger project in the sandbox for
an example of how to use this mechanism.

--Thilo