uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: CpeDescriptrion: Invalid
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:40:39 GMT
Matthias Mühlhausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem if I try to create a CpeDescritpion form a descriptor
> file.
>

> This is a short form of the stack trace:
>
> org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: Invalid descriptor at ...
>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parse(XMLParser_impl.java:193)
>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parse(XMLParser_impl.java:232)
>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parseCpeDescription(XMLParser_impl.java:645)

>    at
> de.julielab.jules.dopp.DocumentParallelProcessorTest.createCpeDescription(DocumentParallelProcessorTest.java:58)

> Caused by: org.apache.uima.util.InvalidXMLException: The XML parser
> encountered an unknown element type: cpeDescription.
>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.buildObject(XMLParser_impl.java:276)
>
>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.SaxDeserializer_impl.getObject(SaxDeserializer_impl.java:114)

>    at
> org.apache.uima.util.impl.XMLParser_impl.parse(XMLParser_impl.java:184)
>    ... 16 more
The UIMA framework is looking up "cpeDescription" (the XML element name)
in a table that is supposed to be configured by the class
org.apache.uima.impl.FactoryConfig.xml (in the uimaj-core source, under
/src/main/resources).  This file has an entry for the elements the
normal UIMA parser should recognize.  The default factoryConfig file has
one for cpeDescription, so, my guess is that perhaps the UIMA framework
"embedding" or setup you're using within julielab is maybe set up to use
some other configuration?

Just a wild guess...

-Marshall