uima-user mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Type Priorities
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:07:57 GMT
Hi Katrin,

Katrin Tomanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to programmatically define type priorities?
>
> Actually, I am using the subiterator functionality and I need to have
> type priorities to be set. But I don't want the user of a component to
> be able to alter the type priorities by modifying the descriptors where
> type priorities typically are set.

is that necessary?  The user mustn't change the type system either,
else the annotator will no longer work.  Wouldn't you say it's part
of the contract that such metadata is not changed by the user?

Or maybe I'm just saying that because I don't know how to set
type priorities programmatically ;-)

--Thilo