uima-user mailing list archives

From Sam Fisher <safi...@gmail.com>
Subject parsing html as a string from getDocumentText
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:29:32 GMT
Hi All,

Having played around with plain text files in UIMA, I'm now inputting an
html file to the Document Analyzer.  The jcas holds the contents of this
file, both mark up and text, as a text string.  After reading through
the markmail archives, I decide to try using the jericho html parser for
extracting the plain text content from the html string (e.g. String
theHtml = jcas.getDocumentText()). I'm probably not using Jericho
correctly, because the output of the parser is the same as what went in
(not stripped down to only the text content).

So that I bark up the right tree, I wonder if the CAS forces some kind
of encoding, like UTF-8, that might cause the parser to be blind to the
mark up tags in the html string?  This seems ridiculous, but I thought
I'd ask.

Has anyone had success using jericho with uima?

Many thanks,

Sam