uima-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Geller" <dgel...@aptima.com>
Subject Re: Bewildered
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:51:23 GMT
<HTML>
Thanks. Very helpful.&nbsp; However, having cleared that (and lots more that derived from
it) up, I think I'm good for now (with one more question, below)<br>
First, in case it helps anyone else, after following your suggestions I found&nbsp; that
art of my problem/confusion was that I had managed to not have
parallel directory hierarchies under descriptors and src -- that made
attempting to replicate the tutorial example unlikely to succeed. When I straightened that
out I was unable to run until I added the directory that contains the TypeSystem.xml file
to the class path.&nbsp; I don't believe the example needed that, but I sure did.<br>
I just almost had a successful run. However, it coughed because a file had a "non-XML character,
0x0." This also happened when i was running the unmodified tutorial example. I know the solution
is "don't analyze any files with bad characters" -- but that seems much less robust than the
quality of the rest of the system has been. (I think the file in question here was a Word
file.) Of course, it might be a limitation of SAX, but could be nasty in a production environment
(which we're a loong way away from) or even a proof-of-concept that gets given to customers.
o, maybe I'm missing something obvious?<br>
***********************************
Dennis Geller, Ph.D. Computer and Communication Science
Senior Software Developer
Direct Dial: 781.496.2461   Main Number: 781.935.3966 ext. 261
Fax Number:  781.496-2498
E-mail:  dgeller@aptima.com
Aptima, Inc.
12 Gill Street, Suite 1400
Woburn, MA 01801 USA
http://www.aptima.com
sent:<br>
</twgoetz@gmx.de></span><blockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(245,
245, 245); margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 0px;"><span
style="color: red;"></span>&lt;SNIP&gt;<br>

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.
</pre></HTML>