uima-user mailing list archives

From "Burn Lewis" <burnle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Type Priorities
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:09:23 GMT
I would guess that many users of the subiterator get tripped up by type
priorities at some stage ... I certainly have.  It'd be nice if we had a
version that just used the bounds of the input annotation, e.g.

FSIterator subiterator(AnnotationFS window,
                       boolean      ambiguous,
                       boolean      strict,
                       boolean      ignoreWindowTypePriority)

or
FSIterator subiterator(int     windowBegin,
                       int     windowEnd,
                       boolean ambiguous,
                       boolean strict)

I suspect this is not the first discussion on this!

Burn