uima-user mailing list archives

From "Pascal Coupet" <pascal.cou...@temis.com>
Subject RE: Anybody with experiences using the Mayo Weka/UIMA Integration
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:05:55 GMT
The Mayo Weka integration is based on the old IBM UIMA framework according to the web site
and it will not be compatible "out of the box" with the Apache version.
The Jena JNET annotator pointed by Olivier works with the Apache version.

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph B├╝scher [mailto:christoph.buescher@neofonie.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:44 AM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Anybody with experiences using the Mayo Weka/UIMA Integration

Hi,

does anyone on this list have experience with the Mayo Weka/UIMA Integration
(http://informatics.mayo.edu/text/index.php?page=weka) or other Libraries that
enable UIMA components to use machine learning algorithms?

I would be especially interested how easy/difficult the integration of Weka
classes and algorithms was, how active the project seems to be and if anybody
did anything else than simple test applications with it.

I'm also especially interested in UIMA components that annotate/transform text
documents with feature representations (like TF/IDF, bag of words) usually used
in classification in machine learning, e.g. to later train an SVM with it. Any
ideas about existing code out there would also help a great deal.

Thanks,

Christoph