uima-user mailing list archives

From "Chavan, Girish" <chav...@upmc.edu>
Subject Can a PEAR component be used as a Collection Reader?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:11:36 GMT
I am trying to use a PEAR component as a collection reader in a CPE descriptor.

I am wondering if I can use the PEAR descriptor as the descriptor for the collectionReader
section of the CPE descriptor.

Thanks,
Girish
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Baessler [mailto:mba@michael-baessler.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:57 AM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Programmatically check for correctness of Aggregate-TAE

What about checking the aggregate descriptor settings before you
initialize it... like:

       File aggDesc = new File("aggregateDescriptor.xml");
       XMLInputSource in = new XMLInputSource(aggDesc);
       AnalysisEngineDescription aeDesc =
UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseAnalysisEngineDescription(in);
       ConfigurationParameterSettings paramSettings =
aeDesc.getAnalysisEngineMetaData().getConfigurationParameterSettings();

So you can check if the necessary settings are available if not you can
throw an exception. If all is fine you can instantiate the ae.

Does this help?

-- Michael