uima-user mailing list archives

From "Chavan, Girish" <chav...@upmc.edu>
Subject RE: Is there a database for UIMA/CAS?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:48:11 GMT
I am exploring storing it in a BLOB field. It of course does not let you then search CASes
based on their say... annotations or type systems, but if you are interested in just storing
and retrieving CASes it works just fine.

-Girish

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Eckart [mailto:eckart@linglit.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:10 PM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Is there a database for UIMA/CAS?

Hi folks,

is there any such thing as a database from which UIMA could fetch a
complete CAS,
do further processing on it and store it back there? The database
would have to
support some way of querying the CASes stored in it.

I have been googleing for something like this but ended up finding
nothing, though
I have a dim memory of having seen references to some kind of
database when I was
first reading about UIMA. Unfortunately I don't find the text anymore.

Richard Eckart

Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Institute of Linguistics and Literary Studies
Department of English Linguistics

Hochschulstrasse 1
64289 Darmstadt
Germany