uima-user mailing list archives

From "Chavan, Girish" <chav...@upmc.edu>
Subject Using the UIMA plugins in an RCP application
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:26:03 GMT
Hi All,

I am writing an Eclipse RCP application and would like to use the UIMA
component descriptor editor plugin within my RCP application to edit the
UIMA descriptor files. I added them as dependencies and the editor shows
up as an option under "Open with..." menu when I right click on an xml
file.

The problem is when I do try to open it, the editor fails to initialize
and thows an exception.

Here is the root cause:

            at
org.apache.uima.taeconfigurator.TAEConfiguratorPlugin.<clinit>(TAEConfig
uratorPlugin.java:74)

Here is the code around line 74 in TAEConfiguratorPlugin.java:

======================

  static {

    Bundle bundle = Platform.getBundle("org.eclipse.platform");

    String versionString = (String) bundle.getHeaders().get(  --- this
is line 74

            org.osgi.framework.Constants.BUNDLE_VERSION);

    PluginVersionIdentifier version = new
PluginVersionIdentifier(versionString);

    eclipseVersionMajor = version.getMajorComponent();

    eclipseVersionMinor = version.getMinorComponent();

    is30version = eclipseVersionMajor == 3 && eclipseVersionMinor == 0;

  }

I am using UIMA 2.2.1. with Eclipse 3.3

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,