uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Programmatically check for correctness of Aggregate-TAE
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:56:59 GMT
What about checking the aggregate descriptor settings before you
initialize it... like:

       File aggDesc = new File("aggregateDescriptor.xml");
       XMLInputSource in = new XMLInputSource(aggDesc);
       AnalysisEngineDescription aeDesc =
UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseAnalysisEngineDescription(in);
       ConfigurationParameterSettings paramSettings =
aeDesc.getAnalysisEngineMetaData().getConfigurationParameterSettings();

So you can check if the necessary settings are available if not you can
throw an exception. If all is fine you can instantiate the ae.

Does this help?

-- Michael