uima-user mailing list archives

From Christoph B├╝scher <christoph.buesc...@neofonie.de>
Subject Programmatically check for correctness of Aggregate-TAE
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:02:50 GMT
Hi List,

I would like to be able to check the parameter settings of one of my custom
aggregate TAEs on initialization.
The general idea is that the component engines of the aggregate are configured
in the aggregates XML descriptor via "overrides". However there are a few
constraints on the parameter settings that I would like to check when the
aggregate is initialized.
So far I don't know if and how it is possible to provide an own Java
implementation for the aggregate TAE. If this is possible, the appropriate place
would be the aggregates initialize() method, since the configuration is
accessible there. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have an implementation
for an aggregate or not and if so, how? If this isn't possible, where would be
another good place to do a sanity check on the aggregates parameter settings?

Many thanks in advance,

Christoph