uima-user mailing list archives

From "Baptiste GAILLARD" <baptiste.gaill...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use a SOAP component in a CPE ?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:31:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use the CPEGui tool to build and run a CPE which contains an
Analysis Engine deployed via SOAP.

I've read the following in the UIMA documentation:
Note

The UIMA SDK also supports using unmanaged remote services via the
web-standard SOAP communications protocol (see Section 3.6.1, "Deploying as
SOAP Service"<http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.0-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.application.how_to_deploy_as_soap>.
This approach is based on a proxy implementation, where the proxy is
essentially running in an integrated mode. To use this approach with the
CPM, use the Integrated mode, with the component being an Aggregate which,
in turn, connects to a remote service.

 So I try to wrap a Soap service descriptor into an aggreagate AE:

-- AggregateWordsListAnnotatorSoapService.xml --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
    <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
    <primitive>false</primitive>
    <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
        <delegateAnalysisEngine key="WordsListAnnotatorSoapService">
            <import location="file:/D:\uimaj-
2.1.0-incubating-bin\apache-uima\bin\WordsListAnnotatorSoapService.xml"/>
        </delegateAnalysisEngine>
    </delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
    <analysisEngineMetaData>
        <name>WordsListAnnotatorSoapService</name>
        <description></description>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <vendor>The Apache Software Foundation</vendor>
        <flowConstraints>
            <fixedFlow>
                <node>WordsListAnnotatorSoapService</node>
            </fixedFlow>
        </flowConstraints>
    </analysisEngineMetaData>
</analysisEngineDescription>

My Soap service descriptor is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<uriSpecifier xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
    <resourceType>AnalysisEngine</resourceType>
    <uri>http://localhost:8070/axis/services/urn:WordsListAnnotator</uri>
    <protocol>SOAP</protocol>
</uriSpecifier>

But, when I try to add the Aggregate AE "
AggregateWordsListAnnotatorSoapService.xml" with the "cpeGui.bat" tool the
following error is displayed :

org.apache.uima.collection.metadata.CpeDescriptionException: The object
reference casProcessor=NULL is invalid. (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0).

So, do you know why this error appear ?
Why the isn't any sample CPE descriptor using components deployed via SOAP
in the UIMA examples ?

Thanks,

Baptiste GAILLARD