uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Result Specifications in CPE
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:02:09 GMT
Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> In Section of "UIMA Tutorial and Developers' Guides" I read:
>   The Default Result Specification is always used for all components
> of a Collection Processing Engine.
> Why is this?  Is it just because nobody's gotten around to putting in
> a call to setResultSpecification, or is there some fundamental reason
> that it couldn't be done?
> What I would like is that when my annotator is instantiated inside a
> CPE, it can skip generating certain annotations if no other component
> in the CPE is going to consume them.
> -Aaron
I think this is a documentation issue, but I'm not quite sure. I will
start a discussion about this on the uima-dev list.
I think when you use an aggregate AE with a capabilityLanguageFlow as
flow constraint, a computed Result Specification is used.

If you don't use an aggregate AE as CasProcessor I think it is true,
that the Default Result Specification is used.

We will let you know the result of the discussion on uima-dev.

-- Michael

View raw message