uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: What are cover classes?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:51:21 GMT
The *_Type "cover classes" are part of the JCas mechanism.  The design
factored things into parts where each instance would correspond to an
instance of the covered CAS Type, and parts where each instance would
correspond to the type definition itself, for a particular set of CASes
using the same type system.

The *_Type classes hold this latter information.  If we were designing
this today, we would probably make them be inner classes (and thus,
invisible to users).

-Marshall