uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Valid Descriptor causes InvalidXMLException/DOMException
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:58:27 GMT
OK - I think I see the problem.

I can see in the trace that most of the classes for parsing are being
loaded from you Java - they look like:

JAXP: created new instance of class
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl using
ClassLoader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@133056f

Note the name of the class starts with
"com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal"  - Sun renamed the Xerces classes
to start with com.sun.org....

This is true for all except the class
"org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl".  Here, the version
of the class being loaded appears to not be from your JVM but from some
other Jar.  Can you look in your Java installation, and be sure there is
nothing that got added to the ext (extensions) directory that is a Jar
containing this class?

The extensions directory is probably under the JVM Home / lib / ext

When we run with this trace, the class that's being loaded for
TransformerFactoryImpl has the "com.sun.org... " prefix, so I'm pretty
sure that's the source of the problem.

Let us know what you find.

-Marshall