uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Status of the C++ enablement layer
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:27:32 GMT
The folks working on this have had other priorities, but it's mostly
done.  The key thing needed to push it out was someone expressing some
interest in it, which you've just done :-).  If I had to guess, it might
come out in another month or so...  The main person focusing on this is
on vacation - so he may correct me when he returns next week.

-Marshall

greg@holmberg.name wrote:
> Hi guys--
>

> I'm wondering what the status of the C++ enablement layer is for Apache UIMA 2.2?  I
don't see it in either the binary or source distributions.

> I've come to the point where I need a certain C++ library for which I had written a C++
annotator in UIMA 1.x.  So I can either migrate it to UIMA 2.x C++ or write a JNI interface
for it and a Java annotator.  I'd prefer to do the first and keep it as a C++ annotator (less
work).