uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Can annotators dynamically set the typesystem it will create at runtime
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:44:51 GMT
When a UIMA application is initialized, all of the components' type
systems are combined / merged into a shared type system that the
application will use.  This type system is fixed at the start of the
run, and cannot be changed.

That being said, it is possible for a particular annotator to create an
instance of a type it doesn't know about until run time, provided that
some component in the application specifies and defines that type.

Does that cover the use case you have in mind?  If not, could you
provide a few more details of the use case?

Thanks. -Marshall