uima-user mailing list archives

From "Danai Wiriyayanyongsuk" <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA 2.2 Class Loader
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:23:08 GMT
Thanks Marshall for the information and for asking :)

What I have tried is that I have a description of an aggregate analysis
engine which has 4 primitive analysis engine defined. Those primitive AE
descriptions are all fully defined (no imports) under the
"delegateAnalysisEngine/analysisEngineDescription" tag. I do this because
those primitive AE descriptions are generated on the fly. For one thing,
each primitive AE has its own PEAR-compliant directory. In this case, I
could not figure out how to tell UIMA the location those directories.

Excerpt from section 5.8 in the UIMA References page:
"As of version 2.2, the framework supports component descriptors which are
PEAR descriptors. These descriptors define components plus include
information on the class path needed to run them."
Question: To get the individual class loader for each primitive AE defined
in an aggregate AE, do we have to specify/map the PEAR descriptor
(<componentID>_pear.xml?) for each of every primitive AE? If so, where and
how to do it?

Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Danai Wiriyayanyongsuk